"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease."
It is unrealistic to expect health without a healthy lifestyle.
Find a doctor to give you a Functional Blood Test. This test will help you maintain and restore health.
"Scientists say there are 149 acidic diseases that develop from an acidic body fluid. This includes arthritis, osteoporosis, psoriasis, and cancer." - Dr. Carson E. Pierce
"Every month, scientific papers report more chemicals in fruits and vegetables that help to prevent cancer. Cabbage, kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower contain glucosinolates. Peppers contain capsaicin. Citrus fruits and tomatoes contain coumarins. Berries, peppers, carrots and tomatoes contain flavinoids and so forth. The cancers that appear to be most likely to be prevented by a low fat, high-fruit and vegetable diet include those of the breast, prostate, colon and gall bladder." - Dr. Gabe Mirkin
Curry powder prevents colon cancer. This is due to curcumin, the pigment that gives turmeric spice its bright yellow-orange color. - Cancer Research January 15, 1995
Habitually drinking beverages that are too hot causes cancer of the esophagus.
Drinking cold beverages with meals interferes with digestion.
Problems with the colon are associated with improper toilet design. The two thirds of humanity who use squat toilets have vastly fewer colon problems.
"Not only can excess iron accumulate in the body to toxic levels, it may also promote cancer and coronary heart disease... The easiest source of iron for the body to assimilate is red meat...In fact, lower iron levels in vegetarians may help account for their lower risks of cancer and heart disease." - www.drweil.com
The harmful effects of too much iron or copper can be neutralized by consuming more anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants are healthy for the body and this approach does not require monitoring the amount of metals in your body.
Pre-menopausal, pregnant and lactating women are frequently iron deficient. Iron overload is more likely to occur in men. This may be one reason why women live on average 5 years longer than men.
Your doctor can do a serum ferritin test to determine if you have too much or too little iron. Ferritin level should be between 20 and 80 ng/ml, 40 to 60 is best.
"If your blood is normal, give a donation to the Red Cross of one pint twice a year. This will rid your body of any excess iron it may have." - Dr. William Campbell Douglass
To donate blood in Canada see www.Blood
Excess iron will come out in sweat. This is one of the benefits of having a regular sauna.
"Lactoferrin is an iron binding protein in mother's first milk (colostrum). Lactoferrin "switches on" specific strands of DNA in the baby's genes, activating the immune system. Lactoferrin is a powerful antioxidant, and helps to reduce the negative effects of radiation and chemotherapy." - Health Sciences Institute
Lactoferrin is also found in whey powder.
Everyone who breathes asbestos fibers also ingests it to some degree. Asbestos causes cancer of the esophagus, stomach, colon and rectum.
Nearly the entire population has been exposed to asbestos fibers. After 20 - 30 years, asbestos can cause lung cancer.
"Although environmental carcinogens are the predominant causes of human cancer, the incidence of cancer in any population of animals or humans exposed to a carcinogen may be influenced by a variety of factors". - Dr. Samuel Epstein (This is the reason for this web site. There are things we can do to help ourselves)
Essentials of a Cancer-Preventing Lifestyle
1. Sleep - Go to bed between 9 PM and 10 PM every evening. Wake up naturally without an alarm clock. Sleep is when the body repairs itself following the day's activity. Inadequate sleep creates a backlog of disrepair in the body, causing it to become rundown, less youthful, worn out, and sick. The road to health begins with providing the body all the sleep it requires.
The best thing you can do for your immune system is to get a good night's sleep.
We suggest sleeping with an eye mask to block out light. One of the reasons why city dwellers may have more cancer than rural dwellers is excessive nighttime light blocking the body's ability to make the hormone melatonin. Melatonin is a powerful antioxidant and helps protect DNA. Melatonin production is maximized if you experience bright light during the day and darkness at night.
If you have difficulty sleeping, try using an electrically grounded (half) bedsheet. This removes static charges from your body while giving you an overall negative (healthy) electrical charge, and connects you to the natural rhythms of the Earth that have served as a "pacemaker" for all bodily systems throughout our evolution. In our opinion, everyone would benefit from being grounded. "Earthing" synchronizes the internal body clock to the 24 hour circadian rhythm. Circadian disruption increases cancer risk. If necessary, unplug your TV.
To minimize exposure to electromagnetic fields and avoid sleep disruptions, cut the power to your bedroom at night.
Many children and adults have disturbed sleep due to obesity (excess fatty tissue can partially block the airway, disturbing sleep and causing oxygen deprivation to the brain). If you have sleep apnea, there is a product you might try called Sleep Apnea Relief. A similar situation is caused by swollen tonsils and adenoids due to poor diet, allergies and congestion.
In the past we got an average of 9 hours of sleep per night. Now we get an average of 7 hours, and are becoming increasingly obese. Do an Internet search for "sleep deprivation increases food intake". A good night's sleep improves learning ability and memory. Amyloid beta is a waste product in the brain that may be removed during sleep 1, 2. Lack of sleep hinders amyloid removal. Tau and ptau increase with cortical amyloid deposition.
When you wake up, it is good to rinse the mouth with water rather than swallowing the saliva that has accumulated in the mouth during sleeping. A good time to practice oil pulling is in the morning before breakfast because the bacteria content of the mouth is highest during this time. People with health problems may benefit from oil pulling multiple times through the day.
2. Transcendental Meditation (TM) - Some repairs in the body require much time, and can only be fixed by sleep. Other repairs require a deeper level of rest than sleep can provide. Transcendental Meditation for twenty minutes each morning and evening provides gives the body a unique opportunity to dissolve deeply rooted problems.
3. Exercise - Go for a walk each day. Learn yoga asanas. This gentle routine of exercise activates the body and promotes circulation. The body has an inbuilt need for physical exercise in order to be healthy. Wear loose clothing so that the flow of lymph is unrestricted. Have a massage. Even infants enjoy a massage so this is one habit you can develop early in your children! When doing the "health bounce" on a rebounder you can use this time to supplement your Vitamin D. Just put your UVB sun lamp 1, 2 on the wall beside your rebounder and expose your skin to the light for a few minutes while rebounding.
4. Breathe - Breathe deeply whenever you think of it. Use the full capacity of your lungs. Learn the simple breathing exercise called Pranayama and do this for a few minutes before meditating. The body needs an abundance of oxygen in order to function, and breathing provides this oxygen. Make sure there is always lots of fresh air in every room of your home, even in winter. Installation of a heat recovery ventilation system can provide this fresh air economically in all seasons. Radon test kits are inexpensive, and radon is a common cause of lung cancer. Clean arteries are important to ensure that all tissues in your body receive sufficient oxygen. To help prevent disease and promote health, get yourself a finger pulse oximeter. They are not expensive. Look for a reading of 100%.
5. Healthy Heart and Circulation - Unobstructed arteries help ensure that adequate oxygen reaches all the tissues and that tissues are cleansed of waste. Cancer starts in toxic areas lacking oxygen. Healthy arteries free of blood clots prevent cancer metastases, because cancer cells floating in the bloodstream come to rest in a blood clot before forming a new tumor. Learn how to maintain a healthy heart and circulation.
6. Alkalize your body - Using pH paper, check your saliva pH periodically. If the pH is below 7.4 then take measures to increase the alkalinity of your body. Eat 20% mild acid foods and 80% alkaline foods. The mild acid foods are grains, legumes, nuts, seeds and dairy. The alkaline foods are fruits, vegetables, and berries. Avoid high acid foods (meat, soft drinks). Supplement your diet with alkaline minerals (calcium, magnesium, and potassium) and drink freshly made fruit and vegetable juices daily. It is difficult to be alkaline if your kidneys are not functioning properly. Make sure you get enough vitamin D (particularly in winter) either from sunlight, full spectrum indoor lighting or supplements. Vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption. A nice tan is a natural sun block. Just stay out of the sun during the hottest part of a summer day, and avoid sunburn. Do not wear sun glasses because full spectrum sunlight entering through the eyes influences the pineal and pituitary glands and production of a hormone (calcitonin) that regulates calcium metabolism and bone formation. If you must wear prescription glasses, try to have them made of a material that does not remove ultraviolet light. Glass cuts out the long-wave ultraviolet (UV) spectrum of the sun's light. Sunlight is food!
7. Enjoy a sauna or hot tub - To maintain your health do perhaps once a week, to help prevent the accumulation of toxic chemicals in the fatty tissues of the body. If you have a health problem then do daily. Doctors suggest that low temperature hyperthermia at about 100°F to 108°F (38°C to 42°C) for 45 to 90 minutes is best. Detoxification must become a regular part of every person's health maintenance program, and prolific sweating provides an economical and efficient means to accomplish this.
8. Healthy liver - Your liver is the main organ for detoxifying your body, and it has been suggested that no one gets cancer until liver function is reduced to about one third. Protect your liver by eating clean food, avoid ingestion of toxic chemicals and alcohol, and maintain a healthy colon (a common source of autointoxication). For colon health, it is helpful to adopt the squatting position for elimination. Eating a little magnesium hydroxide ("milk of magnesia") daily has a mild laxative effect. To cleanse a build-up of dried fecal matter in the colon (the average adult carries about 15 pounds of it in a pot belly) we suggest a simple product called Oxy-Powder. In Ayurveda, the colon is cleansed periodically by means of a herbalized sesame oil enema called "basti". Consuming high fructose corn syrup can damage your liver. A liquid diet of fresh juices one day each week gives the body an opportunity to cleanse itself within. A liver and gall bladder flush from time to time will help cleanse the liver. Silymarin, found in milkthistle, helps to maintain and rebuild liver health. Eat lots of cilantro. Chop cilantro finely and add it to soups, sandwiches, salads, etc. Use apple cider vinegar. Be happy. Each emotion floods the body with chemicals, and the chemicals of happiness are most healthy.
9. Healthy pancreas - Some doctors feel that your pancreas is the body's first line of defense in fighting cancer. Enzymes produced by the pancreas dissolve a coating on cancer cells, exposing them to attack by your body's white blood cells. You can promote the health of your pancreas by avoiding meat & refined sugars, eating a nutrient-dense diet, and by getting enzymes in your food by eating lots of raw foods, sprouts and fresh fruit & vegetable juices. Gymnema sylvestre is a herb that helps maintain and rebuild the pancreas. We feel that the present overconsumption of sugar in modern society is partly due to the lack of certain simple sugars in the diet that are found mainly in vine-ripened or tree-ripened foods. Due to picking green, unripened food and chemically induced ripening, people are starving for glyconutrients.
10. Remove Chronic Inflammation - Chronic inflammation in the body is one of the causes of cancer. Chronic inflammation has many causes, including excess sugar consumption, foreign material in the body (such as asbestos), toxic chemicals (such as from cigarette smoke), and chronic infections by bacteria, virus, fungi and parasites. A parasite cleanse should be done at least annually by everyone. Ask your local health food store how to do it. Herbs commonly found in parasite cleanse formulas include tincture of green hulls of black walnut, wormwood (Artemisia absynthium) and cloves. Try Paratrex®. Fungal infections are usually candida albicans, also called intestinal yeast. This fungi feeds on undigested sugar, and an anti-yeast diet will generally restrict sugar and grains (see ketogenic diet). Bacterial and viral infection is associated with many cancers, including cancers of the prostate and breast. The prostate is readily infected via the urinary tract, and the male needs to be very careful regarding sexual preferences. Poor judgment results in prostate infection, and this infection can then be passed on to a female sexual partner. Many ways to deal with chronic infections 1, 2 are offered on this web site. Foods that fight inflammation include iodine (elemental iodine and potassium iodide), turmeric, ginger, omega-3 fatty acid (chia, flax, sardines), chlorophyll (green leafy vegetables), anti-oxidant foods, brightly pigmented fruits and vegetables, natural source vitamin E, vitamin D, silymarin (milk thistle), rosemary, and cat's claw (Uncaria tomentosa).
11. Good eating habits - The foundation of the diet we recommend is fruits and vegetables, mainly vegetables. They can be raw, cooked, juiced or put in a smoothie. To maintain your health, have a large glass of freshly made juice or a "V8 veggie shake" at least once a day. If you have a health problem then have an 8 ounce glass of freshly made juice each waking hour of the day.
Give your digestive system a rest periodically (one day a week, one week each season, or do intermittent fasting - eat every other day). Do not overeat. Chew your food well so it is mixed with saliva enzymes. When cooking, use lower temperatures (steaming, boiling) rather than higher temperatures (frying, deep-frying, baking). Eat anti-proliferation & anti-angiogenic foods and anti-oxidant foods. Spice your food with turmeric, or use curries containing turmeric. Be sure to consume a small quantity of the essential fatty acids (chia, flax) each day. (We suggest that dietary deficiency in the essential fatty acids may result in a craving for fatty foods such as french fries). Make salad dressing with flax oil and olive oil in equal quantities. Eat a little kefir or sauerkraut with each meal or take a good "probiotic" supplement. If you make your own yoghurt, you will be assured that the friendly bacteria in it are alive. Eat cold-processed whey protein powder or organic pea protein powder. Monitor the quality of your fruits and vegetables with a refractometer. Eat clean food and drink clean, oxygenated water (avoid chlorine and fluoride). Avoid food that may contain pesticides and other toxic chemicals that accumulate in your body and will be consumed by your infant during breastfeeding. Choose organically grown food. Grow your own high quality fruits, vegetables, nuts, berries and sprouts. Surround your home with edible landscaping. Grow some herbs indoors. Enjoy the various "green drinks" available in health food stores. Use stevia or xylitol instead of sucrose sugar. Use unrefined sea salt (contains more than 60 trace minerals) instead of refined salt. Avoid foods and beverages that are too hot or too cold.
Some doctors feel that vitamin B17 is the body's second line of defense in fighting cancer. Foods containing vitamin B17 include lentils (dahl), barley, chickpeas (hummus), flaxseed, and the seeds of apple, apricot, blackthorn, cherry, nectarine, peach, and plum. The seeds will remain fresh in their shells for a prolonged period until eaten so do not throw them away during times of abundance. Eat Ezekiel bread (Ezekiel 4:9) which contains a mix of grains, beans and legumes, including lentils, barley and chickpeas.
12. Supplement your diet - Use natural source, concentrated foods such as Liquid Ionic Trace Minerals, Maharishi Amrit Kalash, and glyconutrients. Eat superfoods. Rub a little iodine on your tummy each day (the body will absorb what it needs through the skin), or consume 2 drops of Lugol's iodine daily. When traveling, put a few drops of iodine or 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide or colloidal silver in your drinking water. Iodoral and iThroid are Lugol's iodine in tablet form.
A Question of Balance
On our sunlight page we consider the ideas that "sunburn causes cancer" and "sunlight makes vitamin D which prevents cancer" and find a balance. The balance is to enjoy the benefits of sun exposure but cover up or get out of the sun before you burn.
On our raw foods page we consider the ideas that cooking food at high temperature creates carcinogens, plus cooking destroys enzymes and essential amino acids (particularly lysine). However, gentle cooking can break down starch into simple sugars that are easier to digest, and soften foods making them easier to chew thereby enhancing the availability of nutrients. The balance is to eat those foods raw that can be eaten raw, and gently cook at low temperatures (not exceeding the boiling point of water) those foods that are better digested when cooked.
On our saliva pH test page we see that the balance between acid and alkaline in the modern diet has tilted greatly in the direction of acid, resulting in the creation of an acidic condition on our bodies that is disastrous to health. People need to eat more fruits and vegetables which are our best source of alkaline minerals in order to restore a healthy mildly alkaline state in the body.
On our healthy fats page we show that some fats are good to eat, but over consumption of modern vegetable oils is leading to a widespread imbalance. The body needs about equal quantities of omega-3 and omega-6 oils. Healthy omega-3 oils include flax and chia. Olive oil is a healthy omega-6 oil.
On our exercise page we show that the human body has an in-built need for daily exercise. However, moderate exercise gives all the health benefits of vigorous exercise, without the injuries.
On our diabetes page we find that a small amount of sugar helps the food go down, but too much sugar displaces the food and leaves you with a starving fat body.
On our meditation page it becomes clear that there needs to be a balance between rest and activity. Better rest gives us a refreshed mind and body that can perform more dynamic activity. Stimulants just create burn-out. The foundation of a successful life is good health, and this requires a regular routine of deep rest followed by an appropriate level of activity.
Big Doses of Cancer Prevention
Transcendental Meditation (TM) - For TM meditators, cancer related hospitalizations are reduced 55%.
Selenium can reduce the risk of cancer by 50%. There are three forms of selenium that the body requires: sodium selenite, L-selenomethionine and selenium-methyl L-selenocysteine. Sodium selenite increases the body's main antioxidant glutathione peroxidase. L-selenomethionine induces apoptosis in cancer cells with intact p53 gene. Selenium-methyl L-selenocysteine induces apoptosis in cancer cells lacking a functional p53 gene. This supplement contains all three.
Vitamin D - Research indicates that vitamin D can slash risk of cancers by up to 77%. We suggest vitamin D3. Get a 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood test and look for an optimal value of 50-70 ng/ml to prevent disease and 70-100 ng/ml when treating cancer and heart disease.
Vitamin C, lysine, proteolytic enzymes 1, 2 and omega-3 fatty acids to prevent blood clots. A Canadian study looking at heart patients taking drugs to prevent clots found an 87% reduction in cancer deaths and a 100% reduction in deaths from metastatic cancer. - Michaels L., Cancer incidence and mortality in patients having anticoagulant therapy, Lancet 1964; ii: 832-5. We prefer using appropriate nutrients such as vitamin C, lysine, enzymes and omega-3 fatty acids to prevent blood clots rather than drugs.
Essentials of a Cancer-Removing Lifestyle
1. These are your weapons
- oxygenate your body
- alkalize your body
- nourish your body
- exercise your body
- purify your body
- rest your body
Cancer can be killed by oxygen, alkalinity, heat, vitamin B17, vitamin C, and pancreatic enzymes in combination with the body's own immune system. Plus, you want to prevent proliferation, angiogenesis, metastasis, and cachexia while encouraging differentiation, encapsulation and apoptosis. Armed with this knowledge, there is much that you can do for yourself. An advantage of helping yourself in this way is that you are establishing the foundation for a lifetime of good health, removing the basis for osteoporosis, arthritis, adult-onset diabetes, heart disease, and many other degenerative conditions including cancer.
2. Find an allopathic, naturopathic, homeopathic, Ayurvedic, or other physician to work with. Whatever treatment options you choose, your chances of success are much higher if you begin sooner rather than later. Your best chance of success is to begin before you even know you have cancer, which is a reason for this web site and the anti-cancer diet and lifestyle we are promoting. By starting sooner rather than later you may save yourself and your family a world of grief.
3. Surgical removal of a cancer may be useful, particularly when combined with a powerful immune system to mop up stray cancer cells. Surgery can also help repair the damage done by cancer. Abundant enzymes can speed recovery from surgery while minimizing development of scar tissue. Rubbing iodine on scar tissue can help scars go away. MSM and vitamins C and E can also help. Olympic athletes consume a lot of enzymes to help heal sports injuries. Injuries are also found to heal more quickly when the body is grounded. New tissue is stronger when grown in the presence of vitamin C.
4. If you can, avoid treatments that are toxic and carcinogenic. Understand that cancer is "big business" and "the customer is always right". You have freedom of choice. Use it!
In the United States alone more than 500,000 people now die of cancer each year and world-wide the death toll is much higher. About half the people diagnosed with cancer will die from it, a recovery rate essentially unchanged for the past hundred years.
So how did all this cancer come about anyway? Why doesn't someone do something about it? Why did Linus Pauling call the "war on cancer" a fraud? It seems that the war against cancer could have been won years ago! Why are public health programs not in place to prevent cancer? Why are avoidable toxic chemicals still used in agriculture and industry? Why are hydrogenated oils and trans fats still on grocery store shelves? Why is your doctor forced to use only surgery, radiation and chemotherapy when treating cancer? Could it be that in the grand scheme of things, someone is profiting from cancer and wants it to continue? Who is the real enemy?
There is much that we could write about this. There is voluminous testimony in congressional committees and court records showing how the public is being defrauded. Many books have been written on the subject. There is so much material that to properly cover it we would need a whole new Internet web site to do it justice.
This AlkalizeForHealth web site is devoted to what you can do for yourself. So we will restrict ourselves to a few choice comments in the next two pages starting with about this web site. Note: The following two pages are not for the faint of heart. If you are the kind of person who believes everything written in newspapers, and that Big Brother would never do anything to hurt the American people, perhaps it might be better if you do not read any further. Click on Complementary Medicine to bypass the section on politics.
Copyright © 2000 - 2021 AlkalizeForHealth